The HEALS Mission is to deliver accessible, quality, school-based, primary health care for children through collaborative efforts with the school system and the medical, dental, and mental communities. Children ages 0 to 18 who are insured by Medicaid, AllKids, or uninsured (if they are student or sibling to a student at Madison County Elementary School) are eligible to be HEALS patients.
Graces of Gurley Partnership: Graces of Gurley worked with HEALS inc. for more than 3 years to see that the children of low income families at Madison County Elementary School would have easy access to healthcare, dental, and optometry services. With prayer, planning meetings, fundraising, generous donations of resources and time, a lot of sweat and still more prayer, that day came to fruition on August 23, 2017 with the opening of the Geraldine Penney HEALS Clinic in Gurley. Graces of Gurley continues to partner with HEALS to ensure our children have the care they need, and lends HEALS the facilities for the clinic which is conveniently located right beside the school. Dental and optometry services will be available at the Gurley HEALS Clinic starting in the fall of 2018.
Services Provided by HEALS, Inc.
Medical care for kids
- Well-child check up (EPSDTs), immunizations, school sports physicals, acute and chronic care for illness and injury, lab work and prescription medications
- Management for chronic illness such as asthma and diabetes
- Onsite specialist care at our Martin Luther King location: ENT
- Referral for other specialty care: Orthopedic, Neurology, etc.
Dental care for kids
- Preventive care, including cleanings, x-rays, fluoride, sealants, periodontal care
- Restorative care, including fillings, root canals, pulpectomy, extractions, space maintenance, SS crowns, etc.
- Dental hygiene education presentations at each HEALS school.
Optometry care for kids
- Complete vision and eye health examinations
- Fitting for Medicaid glasses
Social Services for families
- Locating community resources for provision of household assistance such as food, clothing, shelter and other household necessities.
- Information on education and management of chronic diseases: asthma, diabetes, etc.
Insurance Outreach Services
- HEALS Clinic Coordinators work with parents of ANY child in Madison County to help that child obtain insurance coverage – a child does not have to be eligible for HEALS to receive this assistance.
- HEALS staff will assist parents/guardians with the appropriate application and will help obtain the required paperwork for Medicaid and AllKids
- Parents can call any of the HEALS Clinics for information and help.
Our local HEALS Clinics provides medical care for the children and siblings that attend Madison County Elementary School at no cost. Located on school grounds, they are passionately committed to ensuring each child is lovingly cared for, allowing both children and their parents to fully focus on their education. For more information, please go to www.healsinc.org